Tag Archives: cardio
Samba is a dance a dance form which reflects the very rich history & origin of Brazil. Although Samba requires overall body strength, it focuses particularly on your torso, legs and gluteal muscles. To become fit like a Brazilian Samba dancer, you need to concentrate on developing lower body and core strength. But this doesn’t mean you can neglect your upper body. Arm and chest strengthening exercises can help you achieve the toned, firm upper body appearance of many Brazilian Samba dancers. Happy Days Tough Spotters Happiness
Try running up while this guy gives you motivation he always has & always will. When we got to the Top. True spiritual awakening Tough Spotters research studies have explored the idea of taking advantage of the body’s physiological changes at high altitude as a “natural blood doping” effect. As the blood increases its red cell volume in response to a lower availability of oxygen, VO2 max also increases. Sea level performance has been shown to improve as a result Happy Days Happiness Tough Spotters World wide
More in tune with our Lifetime Fitness & LA Fitness in North America an excellent training facility with all the creature comforts of home big hug to Bodytech Copacabana Happy Days Happiness
Boxers delight if you ever find yourself in Paris excellent trainning faculty Happy Days Tough Spotters
Caveman training focus to fitness is very unique. While many training methods focus on strengthening specific muscle groups, caveman training views the body as single unit therefore, use compound movements that build functional strength that simulates everyday activities. Unlike Crossfit programs, the caveman approach focuses on using odd objects in place of using traditional weights. They do this with the understanding that it takes years to master the Olympic lifts. This severe learning curve may inhibit progress as a person must now spend time training technique instead of improving strength and conditioning. Caveman workout will consist of a circuit comprised of 15 or more exercises that will be done for time or total reps. There is no rest in between exercises making this an extremely intense workout. Also unlike crossfit workouts, there are 3 different levels that cater to the fitness abilities ranging from the seasoned veteran to the absolute beginner. As you can see, both training philosophies have helped millions of individuals across the globe, but the approach of the caveman training will bring you to your absolute genetic potential while providing proper programming for everyone. If it was good enough for the caveman it is good enough for us. Get your Tough Spot On.
THE BRAZILIAN FLAG – BANDERIA DO BRASIL – ORDEM E PROGRESSO
The next time your better half calls you a caveman or cavewoman, take it as a compliment regarding your highly evolved eating habits. 70% of the calories we eat today come from refined sugars, flour and vegetable oils. We’re hard-wired as primates to find something that’s sweet. We’ve taken that sweet and put it together with fat and we call it a donut. The Paleo Diet has been steadily adopted by the athletes worldwide to help get them in touch with their inner Neanderthal by fasting for a day here and there and chasing grueling workouts with brontosaurus-size quantities of meat. The bottom line is the diet is not complicated. Eat the food that you are adapted to in your genetic niche, and you’ll be OK. So what does it take to go Captain Caveman? (Hint: it’s definitely not hoarding copious amounts of mastodon meat in a separate cold storage unit in Alaska) Do some hunting and gathering in the outside aisles of your grocery store and stock up on protein rich in Omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, and lean meats and fresh fruits and vegetables. You can skip the dairy and grains section of the outside aisles. They are a no-go in the Paleo Diet philosophy. “Humans never ate dairy products. Can you imagine trying to milk a wild animal? That only occurred about 10,000 years ago. Lastly, get sunlight. Homo sapiens are meant to be outside (My Fellow Michiganders know this), not cooped up in dimly lit offices hunched over computers choking down a bag of microwave popcorn for lunch. Remember like the T Shirt reads “Cavemen do it better”.
The flag of Italy (bandiera d’Italia), often referred to in Italian as il Tricolore
Taking care of your body needn’t be another arduous task on your daily roll call. Obtaining the body you want is more than exercise. It’s more than just eating right.It’s a mindset…a lifestyle of constant maintenance and learning. Armed with the right knowledge, tactics, tools, thought process,and determination, it really isn’t as hard as you think. Our mission at The Tough Spot Gym is to simplify the process by supplying the information you need to get the body you want and keep it that way. With that in mind Enjoy Primal Over-ride Teaser#3
500 M run with either a sand bag on either shoulder or bear hugged or a kettle bell
60 Chin ups
300 M farmers walk with dumbbell weights / kettle bell or farmers yolk
60 Weighted dips use a weight vest or a dumbbell between your thighs to add extra intensity
100 Push-ups real push up no knees on ground
60 Knees to elbow hanging from a pull bar
100 Sit ups not crunches
Send us times best time will be featured on our website Have Fun
The Untied Kingdom Flag – The Union Jack
Incinerate calories, matrix approved stamina, increase your endurance and full body strength. It is broken down into two Tough Spotter stages, the first stage is designed to prepare you, and the second stage burns calories, speeds up your metabolism, and develops stamina.
Tough Spotter Duration: 20 minutes
- Spotter Intensity: Medium to High- Tough Spotters never go lower GRRRRRRR
- Equipment: weighted vest, heavy bag, logs, rocks, whatever your heart desires J!
Tough Spotter warm up
Run 3 – 5 minutes up a steep incline whilst carrying at least 30-35 lbs of weight / wear a weighted vest. Stay at 60% to 75% of your physical limit for warm up duration. The purpose of this stage is to get you warmed up and ready for Tough Spotter Stage #2.
Spotter Highlighted Tips: Improvise by carrying a weight behind your neck whilst walking up and down stairs, or even carry a heavy bag in each hand whilst stepping up and down onto a single step or bear hugging a heavy bag.
Remember! Stay at 75% intensity, don’t burn out! You can go Tough Spotter ballistic in the next stage.
Tough Spotter Stage #2 – Intense Interval Training
Set up a small circuit of 4 – 6 exercises. Now do each exercise one after the other at 100% intensity – with no rest in between 🙂 Each lap of your circuit should take no more than 3 minutes.
Incorporate some of these exercises:
- Chin-ups or Pull-ups.
- Presses – pushing a weight above your head or chest.
- Sit-ups (not crunches).
- Squats or Leg Raises.
Vary the exercises so you’re working as much of your body as possible
Send us your times the best time will be featured on our site Best Of Luck
When you think of muscle you think of guys, but muscle matters for women too! Muscle = weight loss, All women should be looking to build a bit of muscle, both to look good and lose weight. If you have the basics of building muscle down but simply need a few more pointers to get you along your way, take a look at the following tips from Spotter Katy on advice for women who want to build muscle.
1. Push yourself. While you don’t want to workout too often, when you are working out, you want to make sure you cannot do one more repetition in a set because you are too exhausted. You want it to burn (this feeling is lactic acid stimulating muscle growth), leaving the next set harder to do.
2. With burn comes resistance, and with resistance comes stronger muscles and a more toned look.
3. Harness the big three exercises. The big three exercises when you build muscles include the deadlift, squatting, and the bench press. They should always be included in your workout plan in some fashion as they build strength.
4. Workout a few times a week. You should workout at a minimum of 3 times a week – that should provide more than enough exercise required by your body to build muscles. If you’re more advanced at lifting weights and have done it for a while, you have the ability to attempt maybe one or two more sessions a week – alternatively, if you’re new, start with 2 a week. If you haven’t got a workout, follow our site for workout ideas.
5. Keep it balanced, but limited. You want to focus on both cardiovascular workouts like running and biking while you try to build muscles. However, if you never want to do both extremes at once – for example, training to run a marathon while still lifting 5 times a week. It is great to mix cardio and strength training, but just don’t push each to the max at the same time.
6. Eat well (www.thepaleonurse.com). The importance of nutrition in the fitness equation cannot be overstated. Adopt a whole food, nutrient-dense diet that excludes all processed foods.
7. Measure body fat, not weight. If you are participating in a diet and weight loss regime and perform strength training, be sure to measure body fat – not your weight. If you’re actually gaining muscle, you will be gaining weight (pounds on the scale), even if you’re losing fat in other places on your body. Remember, weight does not equal size – it’s about how you look in the mirror, not how much you weigh!
8. Consume healthy carbohydrates. Instead of processed carbohydrates and grains, opt for starchy vegetables, such as sweet potatoes and squash. Include some fruit in your diet as well.
9. Consume protein before and after workouts. Consume about 10 to 20 grams of protein less than an hour before training to help increase the muscle-building effect of training.
10. Shoot for the stars, but it might take a while. It takes a long time to send a rocket shuttle into space and to complete a mission at NASA — this analogy applies to your weight building efforts. You need to make sure to set systematic, reasonable goals for your muscle building program that you can track, progress, and meet overtime. It also needs to be said that genetic plays a role in building muscles – if your body wasn’t designed for a large frame, it’ll be harder to achieve.
Spotters, the bottom line, however, is that if you keep training you will lose weight, and you will also gain muscle and strength. It’s time for the women to get in the gym and start training with weights! Girl Power all the way Spice up your life!
If you need any advice about training with weights or muscle building for women email us email@example.com and we will answer you.