If You focus on results you will never change If you focus on change you will get results. Long-term health & strength require an investment in your body that might not pay noticeable dividends for weeks or months. It’s scary, but true. Of course, it’s no fun to keep looking in the mirror without seeing what you visualize when you close your eyes at night. When you feel yourself mouthing the words “It’s not working,” it can seem like the only options you have are drastic change or heading back to the couch. If you’re struggling to stay the course, don’t abandon all hope and give up on fitness just yet. You might just need some guidance and wisdom from a few fit minds. Check out our web site try KATMA & Primal Unleashed conditioning guides , Heed our advice we have helped countless clients get fit for life. Get Your Tough Spot On .
Tag Archives: ju jitsu
THE BRAZILIAN FLAG – BANDERIA DO BRASIL – ORDEM E PROGRESSO
The next time your better half calls you a caveman or cavewoman, take it as a compliment regarding your highly evolved eating habits. 70% of the calories we eat today come from refined sugars, flour and vegetable oils. We’re hard-wired as primates to find something that’s sweet. We’ve taken that sweet and put it together with fat and we call it a donut. The Paleo Diet has been steadily adopted by the athletes worldwide to help get them in touch with their inner Neanderthal by fasting for a day here and there and chasing grueling workouts with brontosaurus-size quantities of meat. The bottom line is the diet is not complicated. Eat the food that you are adapted to in your genetic niche, and you’ll be OK. So what does it take to go Captain Caveman? (Hint: it’s definitely not hoarding copious amounts of mastodon meat in a separate cold storage unit in Alaska) Do some hunting and gathering in the outside aisles of your grocery store and stock up on protein rich in Omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, and lean meats and fresh fruits and vegetables. You can skip the dairy and grains section of the outside aisles. They are a no-go in the Paleo Diet philosophy. “Humans never ate dairy products. Can you imagine trying to milk a wild animal? That only occurred about 10,000 years ago. Lastly, get sunlight. Homo sapiens are meant to be outside (My Fellow Michiganders know this), not cooped up in dimly lit offices hunched over computers choking down a bag of microwave popcorn for lunch. Remember like the T Shirt reads “Cavemen do it better”.
THE FRENCH FLAG -REVOLUTION & FREEDOM
I know what you’re thinking another grueling workout but not today REST DAY. Congratulations to our Tough Spotter Winners (Michelle. J & Luke. H)of time trials for last posted workouts they both received complementary personal training sessions with The Primal Unleashed Teaser Guide( full guide when we launch later this month) Although much prized, especially in sports, mental toughness is a term that is sometimes overused with regards to behavior during high-pressure situations. Our Stone Age ancestors didn’t need a big motivational speech to get them out of the cave and off to hunt for the necessities of survival. So what is mental toughness and how can we nurture and develop it in ourselves and others. Motivation, that factor of wanting to achieve a specific goal more than anything else, is a key factor that separates champions from well non Tough Spotters. Belief in yourself, the best athletes believe in themselves and as a result are better able to persevere through setbacks. Focus, mentally tough people don’t get distracted. They constantly stay on target by reminding themselves of what it is they are trying to achieve. Putting it into Practice Here’s how can we enhance our own levels of mental toughness. Set Realistic Goals – Goals are a roadmap that marks out how you’re going to get from where you are to where you want to be. For best results, think of the acronym of SMART goals. They should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. Stay Positive, negative thought patterns only take away from your ability to attain your goals. Resolve to find the positive side to every situation, no matter how bleak it may seem. Internal Dialog, many of us get stuck in negative feedback loops in our heads (Sound Familiar). We criticize ourselves, focusing on negative outcomes and even berate ourselves as if we were the fans of an opposing team. Your thoughts eventually become your actions so make sure you don’t say anything to yourself that you wouldn’t say to anyone else. Focus on the Present, no matter what’s happened in the past, you can’t change it. You can only focus on the here and now. Worrying too much about the past or future detracts from your ability to focus on what you need to do to achieve your goals. When you make mistakes, let them go. When you do something fantastic, let it go as well. Both can negatively affect your level of attention to what you need to do right here, right now. As you work through these ideas, keep in mind that mental toughness is a skill, just as shooting a basketball or making a proper golf swing is a skill. You wouldn’t expect to master either of those skills immediately and you won’t master the art of mental toughness immediately either. Just keep working and try to get a little better each day more consistent, more confident and more focused the foolproof method of eventual success.
The flag of Italy (bandiera d’Italia), often referred to in Italian as il Tricolore
Taking care of your body needn’t be another arduous task on your daily roll call. Obtaining the body you want is more than exercise. It’s more than just eating right.It’s a mindset…a lifestyle of constant maintenance and learning. Armed with the right knowledge, tactics, tools, thought process,and determination, it really isn’t as hard as you think. Our mission at The Tough Spot Gym is to simplify the process by supplying the information you need to get the body you want and keep it that way. With that in mind Enjoy Primal Over-ride Teaser#3
500 M run with either a sand bag on either shoulder or bear hugged or a kettle bell
60 Chin ups
300 M farmers walk with dumbbell weights / kettle bell or farmers yolk
60 Weighted dips use a weight vest or a dumbbell between your thighs to add extra intensity
100 Push-ups real push up no knees on ground
60 Knees to elbow hanging from a pull bar
100 Sit ups not crunches
Send us times best time will be featured on our website Have Fun
When you think of muscle you think of guys, but muscle matters for women too! Muscle = weight loss, All women should be looking to build a bit of muscle, both to look good and lose weight. If you have the basics of building muscle down but simply need a few more pointers to get you along your way, take a look at the following tips from Spotter Katy on advice for women who want to build muscle.
1. Push yourself. While you don’t want to workout too often, when you are working out, you want to make sure you cannot do one more repetition in a set because you are too exhausted. You want it to burn (this feeling is lactic acid stimulating muscle growth), leaving the next set harder to do.
2. With burn comes resistance, and with resistance comes stronger muscles and a more toned look.
3. Harness the big three exercises. The big three exercises when you build muscles include the deadlift, squatting, and the bench press. They should always be included in your workout plan in some fashion as they build strength.
4. Workout a few times a week. You should workout at a minimum of 3 times a week – that should provide more than enough exercise required by your body to build muscles. If you’re more advanced at lifting weights and have done it for a while, you have the ability to attempt maybe one or two more sessions a week – alternatively, if you’re new, start with 2 a week. If you haven’t got a workout, follow our site for workout ideas.
5. Keep it balanced, but limited. You want to focus on both cardiovascular workouts like running and biking while you try to build muscles. However, if you never want to do both extremes at once – for example, training to run a marathon while still lifting 5 times a week. It is great to mix cardio and strength training, but just don’t push each to the max at the same time.
6. Eat well (www.thepaleonurse.com). The importance of nutrition in the fitness equation cannot be overstated. Adopt a whole food, nutrient-dense diet that excludes all processed foods.
7. Measure body fat, not weight. If you are participating in a diet and weight loss regime and perform strength training, be sure to measure body fat – not your weight. If you’re actually gaining muscle, you will be gaining weight (pounds on the scale), even if you’re losing fat in other places on your body. Remember, weight does not equal size – it’s about how you look in the mirror, not how much you weigh!
8. Consume healthy carbohydrates. Instead of processed carbohydrates and grains, opt for starchy vegetables, such as sweet potatoes and squash. Include some fruit in your diet as well.
9. Consume protein before and after workouts. Consume about 10 to 20 grams of protein less than an hour before training to help increase the muscle-building effect of training.
10. Shoot for the stars, but it might take a while. It takes a long time to send a rocket shuttle into space and to complete a mission at NASA — this analogy applies to your weight building efforts. You need to make sure to set systematic, reasonable goals for your muscle building program that you can track, progress, and meet overtime. It also needs to be said that genetic plays a role in building muscles – if your body wasn’t designed for a large frame, it’ll be harder to achieve.
Spotters, the bottom line, however, is that if you keep training you will lose weight, and you will also gain muscle and strength. It’s time for the women to get in the gym and start training with weights! Girl Power all the way Spice up your life!
If you need any advice about training with weights or muscle building for women email us email@example.com and we will answer you.
Training methods have changed dramatically in the last 10 years & for the better if I might say so myself. We are talking about unconventional training apparatus & routines, like heavy ropes, tyres, prowlers, rocks , kettlebells, sandbags, medicine balls together with body weight exercises. We at The Tough Spot Gym incorporate all the above to give our Tough Spotters a variety not to mention keep them on their toes. You might ask why I keep going on about this ? Because the results are there, research with trial & error have shown our body does not know muscle it knows movement. Unconventional training routines & workouts are usually known as caveman / cavewoman workouts. Let me elaborate a little on this in regards to using compound versus isolation exercises. Compound exercises are exercises that use more than one muscle group & run multiple joints in opposition to isolation exercises that limit one joint & one muscle group. An example of a multiple joint exercise would be the traditional squat, strengthening quadriceps,hamstrings, hip flexors & gluteus & working through the hip & knee-joint at the same time. A typical isolation exercise would be a preacher curl or dumbbell biceps curls that targets biceps & only moves the elbow joint. Even today still in gyms across our great nation we see the same thing day in day out an overweight guy walks on the treadmill for 4 minutes, then hits the chest press for a few sets, then he grabs the curl bar, stares into the mirror , then cranks out 2 sets of bicep curls. When he is done with that he grabs a squishy mat to do a few reps of crunches. If this sounds like you, you’re in for a rude awakening ….. when you try our KATMA Strength & Conditioning Guide or take one of our group classes. You will learn to UNLEASH THE BEAST FROM WITHIN………
Elevation Training Mask mimics the effects of High Altitude Training. When elite athletes want to improve their performance they go to high altitude levels to train. When they come back to sea level they perform much stronger, faster, and have increased endurance. Training Mask makes your work out more efficient allowing you to take your work out from 60 minutes to 20 minutes. From the average daily walker to the marathon runner, Training Mask appeals to every athlete &Spotter who wants to improve their overall health and performance here at The Tough Spot Gym.
Whether you’re a busy mom, a high school or college athlete, or just someone who wants to lose fat and get back in shape, our fun and effective training program offers dramatic results for the motivated individual. KATMA was designed to offer individuals a workout that had one thing in mind, results – fast, safe, and effective.
A dynamic warm up can be defined as a warm up that simulates what your work out will be like. Many beginning lifters and speed trainee’s think of a warm up as riding a stationary bike or walking on a treadmill for five minutes before they begin their workout. Although this heightens their heart rate, which is one of the goals of a warm up, it doesn’t properly warm up the muscles that are going to be used in the training session. Another important aspect of a warm up is to excite your Central Nervous System (CNS) and other neuromuscular systems . This is especially important in the Russian Conjugate method of training. The reason it is important is because the CNS is responsible for recruiting muscle fibers in order to perform a movement. By warming up the CNS you can improve your muscle reaction time and be more explosive in your lifts as well as avoid injuries.